Make the most of these extraordinary times and gain a nationally-recognised qualification. A short online course is a significant first step to improving your skills and achieving your career goals.
Free short courses helping you get back to work.
Gain nationally recognised vocational qualification, boost your confidence and employability skills.
You will improve your job prospects and receive advice from guest speakers.
Don’t delay, click APPLY now to secure a funded place (T&C apply).
We offer various starting point throughout the year.
The Opening Doors courses include:
- Graphic Design and Interactive Media
- Web Design and Digital Marketing
- Introduction to Programming
- Introduction to Cybersecurity
- Introduction to AI and VR
- IT for Beginners, Improvers and Customer Service
- Maximise Your Job Prospects
- Start your own Business and Green Business
- Introduction to Teaching Assistant role
- Introduction to Bookkeeping
- Business and Administration Skills
- Introduction to Health and Social Care
- Communication and Public Speaking
- Introduction to Green Construction
- Wellbeing and Mental Health
You can also express interest here (this is not an enrolment form, just an enquiry)
How the application process works
Step 1: Apply
Click the Apply button if you determined to secure the place, set up an account and complete the application form
Step 2: Application review
We will contact you via email or by phone to identify which topics you are interested in and which course would suit you best. Depending on the course you may be asked to complete additional questionnaire or attend an interview.
Step 3: Place offered to you
You will receive a confirmation you have been offered a place on the course, followed by the joining instructions. If we are unable to offer you a space on the chosen course, we will try to find an alternative for you.
Step 4: Collect your badge
On the first day, arrive in the reception area to participate in the induction, meet the teacher and collect student ID badge.
- unemployed, seeking work and claiming benefits or
- employed and earning below £20,319
- communicative level of English
- commitment to attend the scheduled classes
- gain nationally recognised qualification and certificate
- improve digital and maths skills
- improve employability skills and attend mock interviews when possible
- get advice about education, career and further training opportunities
- be invited to various college events (job fairs, enrichment activates)
- progress to other Opening Doors and professional courses at the College
- make professional connection and improve job prospects
- make friends and improve your wellbeing
- By completing various tasks, you will build a professional portfolio which will be assessed by your teacher as well as the awarding body that grants the qualification
- In some cases, you will enter online based exam marked by the external awarding body
*FREE* Online short courses
The applicable fees for this course, including any available discounts, will be listed in the information above.
How to apply
Once you have created an account, you can easily apply to your chosen course and track the status of your application at any time.
HOW THE APPLICATION PROCESS WORKS
Set Up Your Account
You’ll be prompted to create an account which will allow you to log in to our Application Tracker website whenever you wish. This will provide you with important information and you can also track the progress of your application.
Complete each step of the application form and then submit your completed form. We’ll let you know when we’ve safely received it with an acknowledgement email.
Application Review Meeting
Before offering you a place at college, we’ll meet with you (either in person, by telephone or online). We’ll send you a link to our booking page where you can select a time that’s convenient for you.
Accept Your Place
Offers will be sent to you via the email address you have provided. The offer will be conditional, based on predicted GCSE grades. You’ll need to accept your offer within 14 days to secure your place.
Once you receive your GCSE results, you’ll need to get in touch with the college to inform us of them and start your enrolment process.