Skip to content

Financial Support

We understand that financial matters are an important consideration for our students and that everyone’s circumstances are different.

Advanced Learner Loan

If you’re thinking of progressing onto a full-time course
and are aged over 19, you may qualify for this loan.
To be eligible, you must:

  • Be aged 19 or over at the start of your course
  • Be a UK or Irish national, or have settled
    or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement
    Scheme or indefinite leave to remain
  • Be applying to study on a course which
    is level 3* or higher

* Defined by the government as a maximum of three A-levels; Access to HE course; Level 3
and/or level 4 certificates or diplomas; an advanced or higher apprenticeshi

Financial Support

If you are in care, a care leaver, in receipt of Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payments as well as Employment and Support Allowance or Universal Credit/Income Support in their own right, you may be entitled to receive up to £1,200 if you meet the eligibility criteria. The exact amount awarded to an individual is based on a financial assessment completed by the student financial support.

Travel LSG

Your Local Authority may offer travel support if:

  • You are aged between 16 and 18 on 31 August 2023
  • You have Special Educational Needs and/or disabilities
  • You or your family are in receipt of a means-tested benefit/on a low income
  • You live more than 2 miles walking distance away from the College

If you do not qualify for Local Authority support, the College may be able to help you with travel costs if your family is on a low income and you live more than 2 miles away from your campus.

Financial Support

Brighton MET College:

01273 667788